Hardwood charcoal. I use B&B. Most of the other brands I have tried look like chopped up 2 x 4’s. B&B is big lumps of Mesquite. I grill up a bunch of chicken for the coming week to eat in tacos. (Usually standing there holding a beer feeling very manly.)
I make a lot of this and freeze it. Then you just have to make your pasta in the future. The sauce is Beef, Veal (free-range) and Pork. Onion, carrot, tomato paste, cream and white wine.
We just had dinner at Downey’s for our third wedding anniversary. Best Restaurant in North America.
• Ojai, 2004 Santa Rita Hills, Clos Pepe Vineyard, Pinot Noir
• Fresh Local Crab Toasts with Curried Fruits & Arugula
• Endive Salad with watercress, organic strawberry, hazelnuts and vinaigrette
• Halibut with Meyer lemon and Sorrel sauce, red potatoes
• Lobster, sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, asparagus, angel hair pasta salad
• Cheese plate: two double cream cheeses from France – one mushroomy, other buttery; triple cream from France – rich, creamy; Manchego; Stilton from England with red grapes, Fuji apples, water crackers, raisin bread and walnuts.
Whole roasted chicken with lemon, thyme and white wine. Local vegetables from Ken’s garden.
Tilapia, grilled corn and tomatoes with a tomatillo salsa.
Jamie made these. Perfect summer sandwich. Avocado, red onion, sprouts, cucumbers, mayo, mustard.